ANNUAL MILFORD OYSTER FESTIVAL COVID-19 UPDATE
Given recent COVID-19 trends and in an effort to ensure the safety of all festivalgoers and volunteers at the Annual Milford Oyster Festival held Saturday, August 21, 2021, the following are important announcements and are being made at the recommendation of the Milford Health Department.
- The amusement rides and children’s area in Fowler Field will not be active at this year’s Milford Oyster Festival.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination OR proof of negative COVID-19 test (received within the past 72 hours) will be required to enter the Main Stage concert area in Fowler Field. This does not apply to any other area of the Festival.
If vaccinated, please bring your vaccination card or clearly legible photo of your vaccination card on your phone. If unvaccinated, please bring printed or digital proof of your recent negative COVID test received within the last 72 hours. There will be two tent locations in Fowler Field to receive a wristband for entry into the Main Stage concert when one of the above items of proof are presented.
The Festival committee has been working hard to have a safe and successful Festival while following all state and local COVID-19 guidelines. These measures were not made lightly and involve many factors. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to get through this together and look forward to seeing you this Saturday, August 21, 2021, from 10:00am-6:00pm.
For a list of all COVID-19 precautions at the Oyster Festival and other Festival information, please visit our web site at www.milfordoysterfestival.com
- To maximize social distancing, the Oyster Eve location has been moved from Lisman Landing on Helwig Street to Fowler Field (behind Milford Library). Oyster Eve is August 20th 6pm-10pm.
- The Children’s Activities area under the Rotary Pavillion in Fowler Field will not be active at the 2021 Milford Oyster Festival. Since most children under the age of 12 are not vaccinated and out of an abundance of caution, the Festival committee elected to not encourage a close gathering of this part of the population.
- The number of vendors on the Milford Green have been reduced to create additional spacing.
- The portolets will have more frequent cleaning throughout the Festival and additional hand sanitizing stations will be place at various locations. Hand sanitizers will also be located at each food vendor.
- Masks will be available at several locations including: Gazebo on the Milford Green, Souvenir tents, Beer ID tents, Main Street USA area, Milford Fire Dept EMT location in Fowler Field and the Milford Green.
- There will be no food sampling by vendors at the Oyster Festival.
- It is recommended to be as socially distant as possible in certain areas of the Festival, particularly where there is live music.
- It is encouraged the festivalgoers wear masks if they are unvaccinated. There will be signage encourage the wearing of masks.
- Rider-assist golf cart driver will wear a mask when carrying any passengers.
- Per CT Dept of Public Health guidelines, vaccinated and unvaccinated people are required to wear a mask on all Festival-provided shuttle buses. Masks will be available on all buses.